Belgian fashion goes Gaga
It isn't since the 1997 Pop Mart U2-tour, when Walter Van Beirendonck designed the costumes (Bono's muscle-tee is still engraved in our memory), that Belgian avant-garde fashion is so present in the international music scene!
But we couldn't write this article without mentioning the current queen of fashion: Lady Gaga. She made the lace bunny ears big, designed by Belgian talent Laetitia Crahay for Maison Michel. Showed of the feathered antlers of Mouton Collet and kick-started the career of Antwerp fashion academy graduate Emilie Pirlot.
To give you a clear overview of who wore what, the I Love Belgium team made a list of international video clips in which we can enjoy Belgian creativity! Enjoy.
01. Lady Gaga - Telephone ft. Beyoncé - Hat-dresses by Emilie Pirlot (08:54)
02. Rihanna - Rudy boy - Maison Martin Margiela vynil dress from the artisanal line (00:05)
03. Roisin Murphy - Let me know - Maison Martin Margiela outfit and Christophe Coppens hat
04. The gossip - Pop goes the world - Cathy Pill patterned dress (02:39)
05. Yelle- Ce jeu - Jean Paul Lespagnard outfits
06. Jessie J - Who you Are - La fille d'O underwear
The odd one out is the video of rapster Eve as she does not wear Belgian design, but has it in her setting. The yellow fluorescent plastic LCP lounge chair is designed by Belgian design legend Maarten Van Severen for Kartell.
07. Eve - Tambourine - Maarten Van Severen LCP lounge chair (1:03)